Tuesday, April 27, 2010

D is for Drawing

I rush up into my room, grab my pencil and paper, and plop down onto my bed. I start to chew on my pencil, thinking of a idea to pop inside of my head. Soon enough I hear the pop explode and soon I take my pencil and let it run along the surface of the paper, letting my imagination come alive....


This is how I feel when I'm drawing in my room after a long day of school. As you can tell I love to draw. I think it is one of the many best things in the world. I don't see how people could hate this activity. I mean what better way to let your ideas come alive then to draw them on paper?


There is a non-stop of ideas or things you can draw, it never ends. You just have to wait for one to come to your brain. This is one of the many reasons why you must have paitience when drawing. Another reason would probably be your skill at drawing. Remember, you are not going to start off being the best drawer in the world. Just look at some really talented artists. Do you think the started off being so good at what they do? I don't think so.


There are a lot of things that I like to draw like animals and humans. I'm not a very complicated drawer. I don't use shading or much detail, unless the character must have detail. Sometimes my drawings are just doodles or scraps of things I randomly draw when I don't have any other ideas. Yes, doodles are drawings too. The first drawings I ever did were doodles so I always didn't draw in little sketch books like I do today.


I realize that some people hate to draw because they aren't very good, but you can always practice if you want to improve. You can always look up on the internet on how to draw things, or look for how to draw books instead. That's how I started it. Another thing you can do is ask your parents. You never know, the just might know how to help you.


After you finish reading this post, you'll be probably asking yourself if you can draw and try to. Well you can!! Maybe you don't have any skill at all but I don't care. At least try to draw something before you think that you have any talent or not. Now go out there and try to at least draw something today. That's what I have to say to the world.


Life Lesson: If you want to try to do anything until you are an expert, practice! After all, practice makes perfect.


Ms. Weldon, I commented on Hannah's post this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment