Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What I love about Christmas (and not just the presents)

Since Christmas is coming up, I decided to write about all things I like about my favourite holiday, Christmas.

Of course everyone likes getting presents on Christmas but it's not my favourite thing about Christmas. Well, I don't have a favourite thing about Christmas but I like a lot of things about it. One of those things is watching Christmas movies like The Grinch that Stole Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Santa Claus is coming to Town(by the way these movies aren't revised ones but the old, cartoon ones). I like these movies because they bring out my inner little child and they give me a bit more of Christmas spirit every time I watch them.

Another thing I like about Christmas is decorating the house, especially the Christmas tree. We go to the same place every year to get what we think is the best Christmas tree there. When we get home with our new tree, the whole house is filled with the smell of pine needles. I think this is one of my favourite smells. When my father gets home from work, we then get some christmas music on and then start decorating the tree. We decorate the Christmas with decorations me and Henry made when we were younger, christmas balls, character figures, candy canes, and of course we add either the angel or wooden star on top of the tree. I like doing this because it gets my family somewhat closer together.

A final thing I like about Christmas is when my grandparents come over for Christmas dinner. We stuff ourselves full of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy and also the special Christmas desert. Yummy! I like it when my family comes over for Christmas because sometimes we don't get to see them often. It's very nice.

Now that you have read I like about Christmas, I'm sure you know that Christmas isn't just about getting presents or getting lots of chocolate in your stocking. It's about the love towards your family and friends getting stronger this holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment