Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MS Team Building Day

On Monday(yesterday), all of Middle School went to a place called Norval for a Team Building Day. In my group for the morning I had Wilks, Eric, Marina, Jamie, Hayley, Thomas, Ethan and Brenna on my team. I had so much fun that I want to go again next year. I'll tell you some things that happened:

One of my highlights for that morning was my team doing very well with the 2nd challenge. The 2nd challenge was to get a tire off a wooden pole. What we did was everyone helped push Thomas up the pole so he can get the tire off the pole. We had to push very hard because Thomas wasn't exactly the lightest or smallest person ever(no offensense Thomas!) so it made it bit difficult to push him up. The 2nd part of the challenge was to put the tire back onto the pole and we actually did it faster than the 1st part of the challenge because we used a lighter person than Thomas: Jamie. So she risked her "small" life (sorry I felt like saying that) going up a pole, holding a very heavy tire while by being pushed by everyone up the treacherous pole. For both parts, I pushed the person up by holding up their one foot up and afterwards, my fingers were sore.

One thing I thought that my team had a bit of trouble with was the very 1st challenge. The challenge was to get everyone to 4 bits of wood then getting to the other side without touching the ground and using only a thing of rope and 3 planks of wood. When we used the rope to help our balance, it actually made it even harder to get across resulting in more people falling off the small planks of wood. Plus, when most of the people got across, I was probably the only one that was actually trying to hold the rope up for people on the bits of wood and the people on the other side were barely helping at first. Eventually, we all worked together, payed attention and got everyone across which was good. I was probably was the only one that didn't fall off once. I guess I have good balance.

Overall, the day was a amazing expeirence. Especially the drum circle we had after lunch. This people called the Drum Cafe came in and we played awesome rhythms together. They barely talked and yet everyone listened to them. At one part, they were handing out different insturments to most people so we can get differents rhythms together to make a awesome group song. Though I didn't get a different instrument then, I was OK just playing the drum. Afterwards, my hands were red and I could barely hear a thing considering it was very loud. This day will certainly be a day to remember.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Emma. You've written and excellent summary of your day and what you learned. What I like most about this post is that you can really hear your voice and personality through your writing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete